Hike "Over boundaries and through history"
Discover the Ardennes, where historical paths follow!
Technical Data :
||Station Troisvierges, Station Gouvy
|Degree of difficulty:
||about 346 m
It can be divided into 5 sections, each of which reflects a piece of regional history:
- From Buret to the Belgian-Luxembourg border, it crosses a former Roman road connecting Reims and Cologne
- From the border to Basbellain, hikers can discover the springs of Woltz
- From Basbellain to Asselborn, the walkers hike on paths that used to take cadastral admissions during antiquity
- From Asselborn to Troine, the trail runs through a postal route, which was used at the beginning of the modern era
- At the Luxembourg-Belgian border, it is about past smuggling routes
The hike "Over boundaries and through history" crosses numerous villages, where restaurants, cafés and sleeping facilities are located.